So like I said in an earlier post, Will has been really into ABCs lately. Recently he has learned how to say m, o, and e. These are the only letters he can say, but I'm proud to say he also knows these letters by sight. How cool is that? We were outside yesterday and I tested him. With sidewalk chalk I wrote an M and asked him what it was he said M. Then I drew an O and asked him he said O. Finally I did an E and he said E. Pretty good, huh? So I was telling my dad this last night and he didn't believe me. I proved it to him by writing the letters on paper and holding them up for Will. He recognized every single one. Then my dad tested him and asked him to point to each letter. He was able to point to each one correctly. Ok, so he's no Amelia, but for him this is great! I'm so excited that he is excited about letters. Maybe I"ll be able to teach him to read early. We'll see....
No comments:
Post a Comment