Julia Grace Stowell

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

William Richmond Stowell

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

Sleep or Throw-Up?!?!

Ok, so I had to make a decision the other night. Last week Will slept for ten and a half hours one night and nine hours the next. Fabulous, right? Well . . .not so. When he woke up, he was so hungry that he ate, and ate, and ate, and then.... threw up. It happened both times when he slept for too long. So, I have to choose between the lesser evil, getting up at night, or dealing with throw up all morning long. I almost think I prefer the middle of the night feedings, so, this morning, at 5:30, when Will was still sleeping away, I got him up to eat. I know, that is setting me up for a disaster in the sleep department, but hey, he is sleeping for at least 5 hours at a time. Last night it was 7 hours and he hadn't eaten for 8 so I figured it was time to feed him. So, I made my choice. Don't know if it is the right one, but I don't want to clean up throw up all morning long.

2 comments:

Kristin Nuttall said...

Just let him sleep!!! When he gets up, pump off some milk (you have a pump I hope). You are probably so full that the milk is probably just gushing out as fast as a FIRE HOSE into the poor guys stomach. Pump off some, then feed him. And love getting your zzzz's.

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

I'm so jealous Erika! How are you getting him to sleep? Tucker's still getting up every 3-4 hrs completely starving...?! Will sure is so cute!