Julia Grace Stowell

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

William Richmond Stowell

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Goodbye OBMF

Last night my sister and I were coming home from shopping when we came across a dog that had been hit and was left on the road. We passed it and of course, being with Ellen, we couldn't just keep going home. We had to turn around and rescue this poor dog. So, we called 911 and talked to animal control. They said they would come in 20 minutes.
Another tender hearted girl had stopped and was trying to calm the dog down. He was still alive and was panting heavily. Something was definitely broken and he was obviously in a lot of pain.
I called Ryan and he told me to get the tire iron out and beat it over the head to put it out of its misery. None of us thought that was a very good idea.
The dog didn't appear to have any tags and we thought it was a boxer when in fact it was a pit bull. He started to shake and so we got blankets out of our cars to try and keep him warm and comfortable. He wasn't doing too hot and the animal control guy still hadn't showed up. Ryan was at home with Amelia and Will and Amelia wasn't feeling well. Ryan was holding her and trying to get her to go to sleep. But alas, Ellen couldn't leave the dog.
After about 30 minutes of laying on the side of the road, the dog finally died. It wasn't too fun to watch. I felt really badly for the owners of the dog. It's got to be hard to loose someone/something close to the family. Ellen and the other girl shed several tears. Ellen loves dogs so much. It was tragic to watch the poor thing die.
The animal control man got there and checked for a chip. There wasn't one, and he said it was a male that hadn't been nutured. He placed the dog on a blanket and put him into his truck. I got in the car to drive us home. One of the people that had stopped to help us was walking back to his car and he found a collar. It was nearly 30 feet away from where the dog was. The poor dog had been thrown quite a distance.
Now, here's the best part of the whole story. I got out to see what the dog's name was. His tag read, "One Bad Mother Fu--er". You can fill in the blanks. Yeah, that's right. That was really his name. It made us all laugh.
So, farewell, OBMF. I hope you are having lots of dog treats in doggie heaven. I'm sure the grass is greener there.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

That just breaks my heart! I would hate to have to watch anything suffer! Poor Mo Fo.

Alisha said...

HA HA HA HA HA. Oh my word. Not only can I just picture Ellen being Ellen, but that name! Seriously? Oh my word! Love it!

Sarah Udall said...

It was a really sad, touching story until the end when all I could do was laugh. I think this post should win an award.

Alli said...

My feelings are the same as Sarah's....so sad but hilarious at the end!

Julie said...

Oh my heck, that is so sad but so funny that his name really was OBMF. hahahahaha. Poor little doggie.
It was so fun to see you guys today and finally meet Will. He is adorable and I loved getting him and TUcker together :) Thanks for coming!

Ellen said...

I just need to defend myself to the blogging world out there. Erika made it sound like I wanted to DIE because this dog had died. I was a little bit sad but NOT bawling by any means (Oh, and you'd be sad too if you were sitting by a hurt dog and petting it WHILE it died!) You'd have to be heartless not to shed a few tears! he-hmmm... Erika...